The Most Powerful Muscle Car Ever
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., July 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — The all-new 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT, with its supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI Hellcat engine, produces an unprecedented 707 horsepower and 650 lb.-ft. of torque, making it the most powerful Challenger ever, Dodge’s most powerful V-8 ever and the most powerful muscle car ever.
The Dodge and SRT brands now offer the most complete lineup of muscle cars in the market, including the new 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T with the high-torque 5.7-liter HEMI paired with the TREMEC TR-6060 six-speed manual transmission, or the TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission, and the all-new 6.4-liter HEMI Challenger Scat Pack that delivers 485 horsepower and 475 lb.-ft. of torque with the TREMEC TR-6060 six-speed manual transmission or the TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission.
The 2015 Dodge Challenger and Challenger SRTs are built at the Brampton, Ontario, Assembly Plant and will start arriving in Dodge dealerships in the third quarter of 2014.
About the TREMEC TR-6060 six-speed manual transmission
Found in high-performance flagship vehicles, the TREMEC TR-6060 six-speed RWD manual transmission has the capability to stand up to some of the highest-output engines in the industry. The TR-6060 delivers great overall shift feel with short throws, and smooth gear synchronization.
TR-6060 Features at a Glance:
- Rear wheel drive, six-speed manual overdrive transmission
- Close-ratio gearing
- Three-piece “end load design” aluminum housing
- Triple supported output shaft and countershaft
- Taper bearings and cylindrical roller bearings
- All speed gears supported by needle bearings
- Integrated clutch housing improves case strength
- Two-piece gears with laser welded clutch teeth ring
- Advanced and asymmetric clutch teeth in second and third gears improves shifting action
- Multiple shifter locations for design/installation flexibility
- Hybrid and sintered bronze double and triple cone synchronizers offer lightning quick gear changes with fluid-like engagement