Chevrolet Introduces Bold 2019 Camaro
Turbo 1LE comes exclusively with TREMEC six-speed manual transmission
Chevrolet Pressroom / April 9, 2018 / DETROIT
Chevrolet introduced a reinvigorated 2019 Camaro lineup with distinctive designs, new available technologies and the first-ever Turbo 1LE.
“Lauded since its introduction for its balance of driving fun, refinement and value, the restyled 2019 Camaro reaches even higher with more of the design, technology and choices that customers want,” said Steve Majoros, Chevrolet marketing director for Cars and Crossovers. “It’s a performer with few competitors and a pillar of Chevrolet’s energized car lineup.”
The new Camaro Turbo 1LE joins the V6 1LE, SS 1LE and ZL1 1LE to round out Camaro’s lineup of 1LE track stars. Leveraging the impressive performance and ideal weight distribution enabled by Camaro’s 2.0L turbocharged engine, the Turbo 1LE comes exclusively with a TREMEC six-speed manual transmission and a tailored chassis package derived from the V6 1LE to offer track-capable performance.
TREMEC TR-3160 6-speed manual transmission features at a glance:
- Input torque rated at 400 Nm / 295 lb-ft
- High capacity tapered bearings and high-capacity synchronizers contribute to low shift efforts and shifter travel.
- All gears are hard-finished, which contributes to the transmission’s refined feel and low noise
- Double and triple cone synchronizers feature hybrid and sintered bronze friction material
- High-precision guide plate
- Advanced interlock system
- Anti-friction roller ball detents
- Hollow shafts and webbed gears
- Three-piece “end load design” aluminum housings
- Low-friction linear shift rail bearings