Supplier Quality Engineer
TREMEC in Zedelgem is part of the international TREMEC Corporation with over 2,100 employees, spread across four locations in Mexico, the USA and Belgium. At our entity in Zedelgem (near Bruges), our more than 200 engineers and colleagues work on the development, testing, prototyping and production of high-technology transmission systems and subsystems for high-performance top-of-the-line vehicles!
- You will be responsible for the follow-up of the suppliers to make sure they proceed according to the fixed production methods and quality processes.
- You regularly go on site to check the production methods and quality processes.
- You report your feedback and make sure this results in approved PPAP-files.
- You check these files and make sure they are accurate; you identify the missing elements and act.
- You also act if there are deviations due to the suppliers and you follow up complaints arising from these deviations.
- You ask the 8D’s and analyze these, together with the technical responsible engineer.
- You are also responsible for the further follow-up and feedback.
- Through a multidisciplinary approach, you improve the quality of the delivered products.
- You closely work together with your colleagues from Engineering, Procurement and Quality and you report to the SQE Team Lead.
- You have a degree in industrial engineering specialization: Electronics or Electro mechanics
- Experience in the automotive sector or experience in the electronic components would be an asset.
- You have experience or are willing to learn about the standard Quality technics (SPC, FMEA, MSA, 8D, 5 Why,…) and are interested in production processes.
- You have sufficient technical background and are passionaten about electronics (E-motors, inverters, TCU’s, etc…)
- You are fluent in English, Dutch is a plus.
- You are a good communicator, and you can be assertive when necessary.
- You can work independently, structured and you have an eye for detail.
- You are willing to travel abroad for short periods (variating case by case)
- A high-tech environment full of creative and technical talent.
- A varied job where you will be continually expanding your knowledge.
- On the job training.
- A dynamic work atmosphere in an organization with a low-level hierarchy and an international company culture with integrity, teamwork, innovation, institutionalism and leadership as defining values.
- An easily accessible location with ample parking.
- An attractive salary package including group & hospitalization insurance as well as meal & eco vouchers.
- The possibilty to partly define your salary package via a flexible benefit plan.
- 20 legal holidays and 12 recuperation days (ADV) based on a 38-hour work week.
- Structural telework policy.
How to apply?
After a positive answer, we will set up a meeting with HR to discuss your motivation and expectations as well as a second screening with the team lead(s), in which your technical knowlegde and skills will be put to the test.
We hope to welcome you soon as our new colleague!