CAD Design Engineer
Tremec in Zedelgem is part of the international TREMEC Corporation with over 2,100 employees, spread across four locations in Mexico, the USA and Belgium. At our entity in Zedelgem (near Bruges), our more than 200 engineers and colleagues work on the development, testing, prototyping and production of high-technology transmission systems and subsystems for high-performance top-of-the-line vehicles!
- As CAD Design Engineer you design automotive driveline components and systems for our in-house engineered products. You are co-creator of our driveline solutions for next generation full electric performance cars and support evolutions on current products (e.g. dual clutch transmissions)
- Within the CAD environment, you progress (your) concept designs into fully detailed product designs released for production. During this design & development process, you ensure the overall system integrity from design point of view with focus on part clearances, 3D model quality, design feasibility for component manufacturing and for assembly, vehicle interface compatibility,…
- Your main technical interfaces within design & development engineering are the development engineers responsible for the product functionality and your design colleagues handling interfacing compononents or systems.
- You work towards optimized design solutions as part of a multidisciplinary team including industrialization, quality and suppliers from the different TREMEC production facilities.
Your specific tasks include:
Design ownership from concept to fully detailed production ready designs
- Creation of 3D concept models of components and systems.
- 3D detailing of the models with dimensions & tolerances enabling analysis and manufacturing.
- Brainstorm with development colleagues to find design solutions to resolve issues that are detect through analysis (FEA, CFD,…) or testing.
- Creation and/or review of resulting 3D model and it’s 2D representation.
- Design reviews with multidisciplinary team before initial release and changes of your designs.
- Participation in product benchmarkts, 1st time assemblies, issue resolution, cost & weight initiatives and concept design of new/advanced projects.
- Continuous training in design methodology and tools, manufacturing technologies,…
- You have a passion for design.
- You have a hands-on mentality and a practical in-depth 3D insight.
- (Electro-) Mechanical engineering degree or equivalent through experience.
- You have (initial) experience in design of mechanical or electromechanical components.
- Prior experience with PTC Creo is a plus.
- You enjoy the challenges of complex technological product development.
- Structured and accurate team player with a (self-)critical work attitude.
- You are fluent in English, knowledge of Dutch or Spanish is a plus.
- A high-tech environment full of creative and technical talent.
- A varied job where you will be continually expanding your kwowledge.
- A dynamic work atmosphere in an organization with a low-level hierarchy and an international company culture with integrity, teamwork, innovation, institutionalism and leadership as defining values.
- An easily accesible location with ample parking.
- An attractive salary package including group & hospitalization insurance as well as meal & eco vouchers.
- The possibility to partly define your salary package via a flexible benefit plan.
- 20 legal holidays and 12 recuperation days (ADV) based on a 38-hour work week.
- Structural telework policy.