Automotive Software Test Engineer
TREMEC in Zedelgem is part of the international TREMEC Corporation with over 2,100 employees, spread across four locations in Mexico, the USA and Belgium. At our entity in Zedelgem (near Bruges), our more than 200 engineers and colleagues work on the development, testing, prototyping and production of high-technology transmission systems and subsystems for high-performance top-of-the-line vehicles!
As Software Test Engineer you will be developing & executing scripts to test the integrated software on the Transmission Control Unit (TCU). This integrated software manages the operation and communication of the TCU with the DCT transmission and other Control Units in the vehicle. This includes, amongst others:
- aligning with requirement, development engineers and the customer on test requirements, test script definition
- developing and maintaining C# alike test script modules, based upon internal and customer requirements
- executing these scripts on the HIL (Hardware in the Loop) and/or CATS (CAN Automated Test Setup)
- documenting failures into the Tremec problem tracking system
- aligning with development engineers and/or customer validation engineers on test results
- BSc or MSc in Electronics or Computer Sciences with a passion for electronics and embedded software
- One or more years of experience in C or C# programming environment is a must
- Professional experience in the following domains is an important asset:
- Test case and test script creation
- Automotive test tooling (HIL, CANape, CANoe, Civa…)
- AUTOSAR environment
- Automotive diagnostic protocols
- Hardware electronics and embedded 32 bit microcontrollers
- You have an eye for detail, work & think in a structured manner
- You are strong in problem analysis & solving
- You are hands-on, highly motivated, and have good communication and presentation skills
- You have a strong interest and/or experience with automotive powertrain systems and components
- You are a team player, but well organized to work independently
- A high-tech environment full of creative and technical talent.
- A varied job where you will be continually expanding your knowledge.
- A dynamic work atmosphere in an organization with a low-level hierarchy and an international company culture with integrity, teamwork, innovation, institutionalism and leadership as defining values.
- An easily accessible location with ample parking.
- An attractive salary package including group & hospitalization insurance as well as meal & eco vouchers.
- The possibility to partly define your salary package via a flexible benefit plan.
- 20 legal holidays and 12 recuperation days (ADV) based on a 38-hour work week.
- Structural telework policy.
How to apply?
If interested, contact us with your resume.
After a positive answer, we will set up a meeting with HR to discuss your motivation and expectations as well as a second screening with the team lead(s), in which your technical knowledge and skills will be put to the test.
We hope to welcome you soon as our new colleague!